Sunday, November 4, 2007

Hooray!

So, the internet is up at home! And, you know what that means - No, not porn, but Vonage! That's right, for a limited time only (as in as long as we're here/at home), you can call us just as if we were in the States! Please, please, please check the clock on the blog before you make that fateful call, though. Nobody wants to talk to me after waking me up in the middle of the night, not even Katie.

So, for those of you who know, we came up with a great way of determining if we're awake (outside of using the blog clock). It's really quite simple, we call it the James and Erica method. If Erica is going to bed, we're waking up. When James is going to work, I'm getting home. When Erica's normally scheduled workday is done, we're going to bed! See, it's simple!

Ok, so on to some other news. Some work news, perhaps?

On Thursday, we attended a reception at the Japanese Ambassador's residence for the new Japanese Deputy Chief of Mission (DCM). The DCM is the second in charge of the embassy, and, when the Ambassador's out of the country, acting Ambassador, or Charge' de Affairs. So, we went to this reception, and had a love-ly time. While not quite the most junior there in rank, we probably were in age! There were a number of ambassadors, DCMs, and various individuals from some small embassies. I got to use my Arabic, and Katie "got" to sit and chat with the ladies all night. What fun! The best part was that they had sushi! Unfortunately, some of the Arabs didn't know how to use chopsticks, so we helped as best as we could.

There are 3 Steve's in my office. There's Steve B., S., and J. We've been going by full names, "Hey, Steve Jacob, I got something for you!" But, I've come up with a better way: Steve B - the Boss. Steve S - Senior, and Steve J - Junior! There's another Steve in a different section, but he's Steve M., and I can't figure out how to work that in.

There's also a Steve Jacobs. Steve Jacobs is a Tunisian street dog. I haven't met him, yet, but I'm looking forward to it, even if his mommy says he's mean.

No comments: