About 5 pm (or was it 4:30?) on Friday, June 4, Mom came over. Katie was about to feed Ethan, and I walked Mom through Ethan's changing things, and showed her where everything was. Then Mom and I picked Dad up from the parking lot and took the dogs to the dog park. We came home, Katie and I got changed, and then gave my parents some more instruction on Ethan's caring. Mom took a picture of Katie and I out for our first date in almost a month (the last one was the night before we went to the hospital), and we headed out. But, this blog's no longer really about Katie and I. Who really cares that we went to a nice French restaurant in Old Town (La Bergerie), or had a four course tasting menu with accompanying wines (from an award winning wine list)? You all want to know about Ethan. Which is completely understandable.
First off, Mom has decided to rename Ethan "My little screamer." It's appropriate, and if you have doubts, check out the posts from May 20 and 22. He screamed most of the night. When we got home at 10, or 10:30, Golden Girls was blasting from the television, so we assumed that he had been up to one of his tricks.
Mom was also amazed at Gracie's transformation into ultranmaternal dog! Courtesy of Dad's birthday present from Aunt Barbara, we have video of Gracie checking up on Ethan, kissing him, and, yes, petting him! It's pretty amazing stuff, check it out here.
And, for Ethan's grand finale, he proved his atheleticism! At age 4 weeks, Ethan rolled from his tummy to his back. He also inchwormed his way across the floor, without assistance. This kid's something special.
3 comments:
Very cute video - nice to hear that you guys enjoy the Golden Girls as much as Andy does. :)
Very sweet, it's nice to follow your adventures, Ilana
Post a Comment