Wednesday, October 13, 2010

From George's Journal

October 13, 2010

Dear Journal,

Yesterday started out like any other day. Dad took Gracie and I for a walk, we played with each other and Ethan, we took naps, but then, when Dad came home that evening, I went on a great adventure. You see, the front door to our apartment opens onto our very own little lobby, and since Gracie so kindly opened the front door to the lobby (without Mom knowing), I decided to wait in the lobby for Dad to come home from work.

Gracie and I are not allowed in the fancy elevators off the front door – we have to take the service elevator to go on our walks. So, after I greeted Dad, I decided to just check out this fancy elevator. Only, I don’t think Dad saw me get in. All of a sudden the doors closed and down I went!

When I got off the elevator I was in the fancy “people only” lobby, but not for long! Not only was the lobby door propped open to let in the nice air, but a car was leaving the building, so the front gate was open too! Awesome for me! Road trip!

So, I hung a right like we normally do for our walks, but to change things up I took a right at the end of our street. All the while Miguel, the nice man who hangs out by the door to our building, was running after me. He kept saying things in Spanish, which I haven’t really learned yet. It got a little boring and scary on the street without Mom and Dad, so I turned around and there was Dad calling me! I jogged over to him and he let me wear his cool tie as a leash for the walk home!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: